Saturday, January 30, 2010

Cheesy Potato and Broccoli Soup

This was kind of....meh, but DS loved it! And I made it for the kids anyway. Every once and a while you'll see a super high in calorie recipe from me, this is because my children are stubborn and making them gain weight is a lot harder than one could imagine. More on that later I'm sure. This is another one pot dish....kind of...I also had to use a colander, and I used the pot twice. Once for steaming the veggies, and once for cooking the soup...
oh...
I also used a food processor...
So really probably not a one pot dish, but if I had an immersion blender it totally would have been...
I've always kind of sucked at math anyway, what do you expect this is a food blog, not a "let's make fun of the girl who doesn't know how to count to one"blog...
ON TO THE RECIPE....

1 head of broccoli steamed
3 potatoes peeled and boiled to mashed potato consistency
4 cans of evaporated milk
2 tbs butter
1 pkg cream cheese
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
salt, pepper, garlic salt....you know the drill

Melt the butter on low heat with the cream cheese, meanwhile run the broccoli and potatoes through the food processor. Pour the vegetable mush (I know you're salivating already, right?) into the pot with the butter and cream cheese and mix thoroughly. Slowly pour in the evaporated milk mixing well. Cook on medium low until warm throughout, add cheddar cheese, add salt pepper and garlic salt to taste. You may notice there is no broth or stock in this recipe, I was trying to amp up the calories and protein of this dish, for the kiddos. For the average adult not looking to gain twenty pounds you could probably replace about half of the milk with broth.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...