Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Spicy Pumpkin and Black Bean Enchiladas with Roasted Red Pepper Sauce


I can't stop eating this, I had to go get a handful of baby carrots so that there would be something in my mouth besides enchiladas. The original recipe for the sauce can be found here, it was so simple and so yummy, I will definitely be making these again. Thanks Sarah!

What you'll need

1 pkg low fat cream cheese
1 can pumpkin puree
1 can black beans
1 box roasted red pepper and tomato soup
1 can of chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 pkg corn tortillas

For the filling mix together the cream cheese, pumpkin, drained black beans, and adobo sauce to taste. For the sauce, in a separate bowl mix together red pepper soup one to two chopped* chipotle peppers, and salt to taste. I made these lasagna style because I was crunched for time, alternating layers of tortilla, filling sauce, tortilla, filling, sauce finishing with the last of the sauce, and the shredded cheddar cheese. Bake in the oven at 350, until the cheese is melted and bubbly.These enchiladas were good, but spicy. My children would not eat them, but I don't think the hubster and I will have a problem finishing these off.

*When working with chipotle peppers be sure to keep your hands away from your eyes (even if you have a really, really, really, bad itch, and you don't think you got any sauce on your fingers) or you will find yourself singing Oklahoma at the top of your lungs because it's the first child friendly exclamation that comes to mind....true story.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...