Friday, January 15, 2010

Somewhere Between Spaghetti O's and Creamed Spinach

Sounds appetizing..no?

Let me start off by saying this, this dish did not look good to me, it did not taste good to me, it did not even smell good to me, but 1 year old and my 3 year old both had seconds. I would not recommend this dish to any adult I know, however if you are at your wits end trying to get your kids to eat veggies, or if you have a child with sensory issues who can't tolerate leafy greens whole, or if you can't figure out how to get more greens into your toddlers diet, you might just want to try it. If nothing else it's healthy, lots of calcium, and the fats and vitamin C in the dish help you absorb the nutrients in the spinach.
Should you attempt this here's what you will need...

1 block of cream cheese
2 cans of tomato sauce
2 cups of cooked frozen thawed (in microwave) spinach
1 can of evaporated milk

All you have to do is blend this up in your food processor and cook it on medium low until it is heated through. Don't forget to let the spinach cool before you put it in the processor....Did I mention my kids both asked for seconds???

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...