Wednesday, January 27, 2010

One Pot Wonder Week


We just got back from a vacation, which means laundry, and catching up on housework, and errands, throw in a teething baby and the fact that it is tax season and you've got my life. Needless to say, I'm looking for things to make this week a little easier. Instead of relying on eating out, I like to use my crock-pot, OAMC, and one pot meals. The beauty of the one pot meal is that there is very little clean up, not a lot of multitasking, and often leftovers. In an attempt to catch up on house work I will be making one pot meals this week.

Garlicky Tortellini Soup

What you need:
1 tbs olive oil
1 box veggie broth (about four cups)
1 cup butternut squash puree (re purposing baby food is a new hobby of mine)
1 bulb of garlic, peeled, and put through a press
1 cup frozen spinach (totally optional if you are a spinichaphob)
1 pkg frozen peas
1 pkg of whatever filled pasta you desire, I accidentally bought regular tortellini, but this would be super yummy with a nice portabella mushroom ravioli
salt and garlic salt to taste

Are you ready for this......because this is very difficult....pour everything into a large pot, stir together, and cook following the directions on the back of the pasta......voila.


Behind the scenes.........
me: I don't know hunny, do you think I can fix this picture
hunny: Well it doesn't really do it justice
me: Well what about...
hunny: eeeeeesh, ya ok, go with the first one.
me: I'll just make it small then.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...