Friday, March 12, 2010

Gettin' Crafty


Note to self:
That shirt is an extra small, it will not fit you again.......ever. It doesn't matter how cute it looked on you, give it to the goodwill so that someone else can wear it.
P.S. I know what you are thinking, and the answer is no, it is not ok to just layer another shirt on underneath it, people will still be able to tell that it is too small.
P.P.S.
Also putting a cardigan over it does not mean "it fits"....don't even try it.

Note from self, back to self, regarding note to self:
That shirt would look so good with a black shirt underneath it, what do you even know about fashion anyway.







Does anyone else have a hard time getting rid of clothes? It isn't that I have a problem with my current shape, I just hate shopping for new clothes when I have so many usable* clothes in my closet. I often give clothing to goodwill or my (unfairly) tiny sister, and any old jackets go to the jacket drive they hold here in the winter. I also enjoy re purposing my clothing by cutting, sewing, and puffy painting it into something else. Band shirts become quilts, slip dresses become smaller slip dresses for my daughter, and of course there is the classic T-shirt into a reusable bag trick.


I thought with Easter coming up I should post a picture of the bunny hat I made for my daughter a while back, she would be the child wildly trying to claw it off of her head.... I kind of wish I had a better picture.... I just turned the shirt inside out, drew some bunny ears on it sewed it up. Then I sewed some felt inside the ears, and put a little puffy tail on the back. what do you do with your clothes when they wear out/don't fit? I am getting ready to go through my closet and would love some inspiration.




* Ok, so the clothing would technically only be useful if I had a time machine......

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...