Thursday, March 11, 2010

Cucumber Salad



The weather here is starting to warm up.........which I hate. What can I say, I'm just a wellspring of optimism and positivity. But in all seriousness I have never done well with heat and sunshine and those sorts of things. I don't think my family would have survived too many more generations without the invention of sunblock and wide brimmed hats. It doesn't help that our house holds onto heat to an absurd degree. One of the ways I cope, and give my A.C. a rest is to not use the oven during the summer months. With the impending doom....errr....warm weather coming up what could be more refreshing to have on hand than cucumber salad. It's just diced cucumber, red onion, two cloves of garlic, cayenne, vinegar, salt, and sugar mixed together and left to marinate in the fridge. I quartered some chapati and served it along side the salad. A refreshing snack perfect for a hot summer (or mid March) day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...