Thursday, May 6, 2010

Some Thoughts (not recipes)


"I prayed for this child, and the LORD has granted me what I asked of him.

So now I give him to the Lord. For his whole life he will be given over to the LORD...."
1 Samuel 1:26-27


WARNING: Dragging out the soap box, messages of love and hope, and a boating analogy are contained in this blog.

I don't know much about boats, I have been on a couple cruises. I could tell you that boats go on the water, they have sails, and decks, and I can even name a few movies that have boats in them. And if you give me some pretzels and cheese, I can make this.....


which resembles an actual boat. But that's where my knowledge ends, so keeping that in mind bear with me as I continue to give a boat analogy using my limited knowledge on the subject.

On the cruises I have gone on I am aware that I am on a large boat. I'm thankful for the buffets, the constant provision of food, and enjoyment. I know that if I pick up the phone to order room service there will be someone on the other line, and my needs will be met.

I have never been at sea during a storm, though I imagine this would be a whole new level of awareness and knowledge. In a storm I would learn things about that ship that I probably wouldn't notice otherwise, and be thankful for other aspects of the ship. The awning that I once ate my lunch beneath would be a shelter from the rain. You can bet I would be finding footholds and places for my hands to grasp. I would be thankful for the life jackets and radios that would help me make it through the storm. And even though I don't know how all those ropes and pulleys and navigational equipment work....they would work none the less.

It has been rough to go through these medical tests with little man. As a Mom my first instinct is to wonder if I did something wrong, should I have noticed a symptom sooner, did I fail to recognize an allergic reaction to a food, or miss a day of vitamins rendering him anemic for life......in my brain it could happen. The waiting is what I thought would be the hardest part, but in it I am learning new aspects of my wonderful God.

In summery

Boat = God
Storm = Life
God = Shelter from the storm
God = Good

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...