Thursday, May 20, 2010

Garlic Ginger Butter

This is the story
of a stick of butter
and a boy who was hungry for a snack
So his Daddy handed him a stick of butter
And this is what it looked like when his Mommy snatched it back

Well if you aren't hungry now, I just don't know what I can do to tempt you further. I am most certainly a fan of butter. However, I am not as big of a fan as my son. Eating it plain, now that's devotion. I am sure it means he will be the next Julia Child or something equally grand....

I am not going to suggest you try eating plain butter, but I HIGHLY (see the caps, that's huge for me) suggest you try this recipe. It's four little ingredients, but it's big on taste. The ginger transforms the garlic butter (a favorite condiment of mine) into something with a little lighter and more refreshing taste. This was fabulous as a dip for artichoke and grilled asparagus spears. I suspect it would be just as nummy on steamed broccoli or a crusty bread.

If you like strong flavors (the hubster and I do) you can add an extra garlic clove and an extra 1/4 tsp ginger. As written though, I believe it would be suitable for most people who do not wish to go around smelling like Gilroy.


1/2 cup butter softened
2 cloves pressed garlic
1/2 tsp minced ginger
Salt to taste (I used a little under 1/4 tsp)

Mix together the first three ingredients and add salt to taste....what have you got to lose?? Go try it now!









No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...