Sunday, July 25, 2010

Black Bean Chipotle Burgers with Pan Fried Sweet Potatoes and BBQ Sauce...


I was inspired by Debbie. I love her blog, even though she isn't a vegetarian she frequently posts meatless recipes, and she posts the caloric content. Fabulous! This recipe for sweet potatoes and black bean burritos reminded me that...well...I love sweet potatoes and black beans. I am still kind of worn out from the trip so in figuring out how to satisfy my craving without a trip to the store I came up with this.
It's simply one of my make ahead frozen black bean burgers (you could always use your own recipe, or buy them) which I thawed and cooked in a pan on the stove. I topped it with thinly sliced and pan fried sweet potatoes, organic BBQ sauce, and served it on a whole wheat bun. It went over well with the fam. If I had thought of it ahead of time I could have grilled the sweet potatoes and burgers side by side. Which is what I will do next time I make these.....and there will be a next time!

1 comment:

  1. These look excellent with the sweet potatoes!! My 2 favorite things in the world, black beans and sweet potatoes!! Thank you so much!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...