Wednesday, February 3, 2010

A Very Vegan Pizza


This was so good...so very very good. The cooking time, and temp will vary depending on the crust you use, so I have only included the instructions for the topping. This could easily be made whole wheat, or with a cornmeal type crust. If you are going for GF, I suggest Pamela's baking mix, as it is fantastic.

ooh...
One more thing before we get into the recipe.....You know that song "Ladies Night", or whatever it's called? Sure you do, that one dude sings it in "Wedding Singer"....Oh this is Ladies night, oh what a night. Now sing it but replace "Ladies" with "Pizza"...are you doing it??...

Good, now that's stuck in both of our heads.

You will need
One pizza crust
3 potatoes sliced thinly
One onion sliced thinly
1/4 cup, plus two tbs olive oil divided (I said vegan, not low cal)
3 cloves of garlic put through a press
Salt and pepper

Pour two tbs olive oil into a pan and place over medium heat. Fry up them there potatoes until they are golden brown, and adding salt to taste. Once the are golden brown and cooked through place on your (pre-baked??) crust in a single layer. In the same pan add the rest of the oil, the onions, and salt. Now caramelize those babies, and when they are done take them off the heat. Stir in the garlic and let that mixture set for a minute before spooning it over the potatoes. I meant to sprinkle this with rosemary...but I forgot...and I would have loved to drizzle this with truffle oil before serving...but I didn't have any. If you try out the rosemary and you like it, let me know. If you have truffle oil and try it, invite me over. Bake this according to your crust instructions...oh and if your crust recipe isn't vegan, then your pizza won't be either...but I hope you already knew that.




.
about to go in the oven!!


1 comment:

  1. Oh oh oh, this reminds me of my most favorite meal on the Disney cruise. It was a potato, onion tart (pizza) and it had a balsamic drizzle over it. Yum!
    Melanie

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...