Friday, November 12, 2010

"Cream" of Broccoli Soup


This soup was plain but tasty, and very similar to a lot of other green soups I make for the kiddos. they gobbled it up and asked for more. It makes a very nice compliment to a sandwich on a cold day. It's souper simple (hehe sorry), and requires few ingredients. It gets most of it's creamy texture from potatoes. You can use 1/2 cup of any sort of milk I suppose, whatever tickles your fancy or doesn't happen to turn members of your family into an anaphylaxis mess. :)


4 cups cooked broccoli florets
4 baked potatoes with skins removed.
1/2 cup milk (I used rice)
Veggie stock to desired consistency
Salt, pepper, seasoning salt to taste

Put the broccoli, potatoes and milk into your food processor and blend, add stock and blend until desired consistency. Pour the whole mess into a pot and heat through on the stove, adding salt, pepper, and seasoning salt to taste. I added a good bit of salt to ours. I added cheese and sour cream to the tops of the kiddos bowls, and I think they also had toast with theirs. This was even better the next day as leftovers.

6 comments:

  1. Broccoli soup is one of my favorites and since I have every thing this recipe calls for maybe I'll make some tomorrow.
    Thanks for the suggestion

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes plain is okay. It's super healthy and filling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I came to appreciate broccoli when I first had it in soup. I have no doubt that this one is delicious and just wish I could have a sppoonful right now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks ladies.

    Grace, let me know if you like it.

    Mangocheeks, broccoli soup was love at first taste for me as well. I'm quite surprised when I hear people don't like broccoli.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did like the soup Sadie. My mom always asked the kids if they wanted little trees on their plates which sparked their interest and their "like" for the veggie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmm! I just started liking "cream" based soups. I will have to try this one this winter. Thanks!!

    Lynn

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...