Friday, November 5, 2010

Our Thanksgiving Menu

If I were a good blogger, I might already have an abundance of side dish recipes tested and pictures taken......but I haven't done that. In fact I have nothing for you but a link and a list. Maybe that will help to get your creative juices going though.

This is my first year blogging through the holiday season and I'm quite excited. Not only am I thrilled to share with you our favorites, but I can't wait to see what you all are cooking up in your kitchens!

I've done many different things over the years on Thanksgiving since becoming a vegetarian. One year I made acorn squash ravioli in a gorgonzola cheese sauce, grilled zucchini, and onion bread....this was of course the Thanksgiving before we had children and I had time to do things like shower on a regular basis, and make my own ravioli. One year we had an Indian feast, and a few of the years we have dinned at friends houses and I have brought a side dish. I toyed with the idea of making Persian food this Thanksgiving, but as the day has drawn closer I am once again leaning toward a "traditional" menu, and this had better be my last leaning because the day draws near.

So what might the main dish at this vegetarian Thanksgiving be? Well, in my humble opinion, the celebration roast from Field Roast Grain Meat Co. is the only way to go. It's tasty, soy free, complex in flavor, and goes perfectly with a side of mashed potatoes and gravy. I would love to hear if you try it out, especially if you happen to be a carnivore. Let me know what you think.

The rest of our menu

Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Gravy
Cranberry Chutney
Balsamic and Brown Sugar Baked Carrots
Broccoli Soup
Struessel Topped Sweet Potatoes
Sourdough, Caramelized Veggie, and Cornbread Stuffing
Sourdough Dinner Rolls
Pumpkin Pie
Cran-Raspberry Pie


What does your Thanksgiving menu look like?

5 comments:

  1. ok, i've never eaten this stuff but it actually looks good to me. i looked at the website and i almost want to try the stuffed hazelnut cranberry roast and the apple sage sausage. looks so so yummy

    ReplyDelete
  2. interestingly enough my thanksgiving looks alot like yours. the stuffing is almost identical ( I make it every year, its my favorite)I did it in the crock pot last year and then threw it in the oven at the last minute to get the top crunchy and it turned out great.we've been on a sourdough kick so Davids in charge of the rolls.

    I'm very excited about my baked sweet potatoes and apples. My friend lisa usually does the homemade cranberry sauce but since she isnt going to be here Im foregoing it for the canned stuff. there's usually only 2 of us that eat it anyways.

    I'm getting so excited!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah, it's pretty stinkin' good in my humble opinion. I like the apple sage sausage, I actually think it might be going into my stuffing this year.

    Mrs.Lilac, I think we have talked about how we pretty much make the same stuffing before, it's the bomb diggity. After having tried it I haven't wanted to try out any other recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going out to eat this Thanksgiving. Isn't that shameful? Been There Done That is the attitude this year and I'm going to hunt down people to cook and clean my dishes.
    I told my kids not to invite me over because I'm not even going to bake a pie.
    Sorry I've been gone so long. Sometimes life gets in my way.
    Grace

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...