Friday, December 17, 2010

Roma Tomato and Roasted Red Pepper Sandwich


I have been craving a tomato sandwich ever since I saw this post over at Veg Obsession. I try not to make special shopping trips, so the sandwich had to be postponed until today....well worth the wait. I simply toasted two slices of whole wheat bread, and spread both slices with roasted red pepper and shallot dressing, and one slice with vegenaise (optional). For the filling I diced one roma tomato and tossed it with half a clove of chopped garlic, and a pinch of salt. Please don't be fooled by the cell phone picture, this was actually really tasty. I served it along side a wilted spinach salad. I can't wait to try this in the summer, I bet it will be killer with some freshly picked tomatoes and a little basil. I could also see this being really good on ciabatta bread with a little garlic butter spread on there before toasting....mmmmm

4 comments:

  1. Looks great! We ate at a Thai restaurant Friday and I thought of you. I had some great green curry with rice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Come visit me Girl Friend! I'm going to become a pirate and you can too! LOL

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...