Friday, September 10, 2010

Black Bean and Avocado Tacos


This is another cold taco filling. It is very simple, and I encourage you to play around with the ingredients to suit your own tastes. It's still really hot outside here, so these were a refreshing break from warm food. I would write more, but I think my brain has already left for the weekend. Hope you are all having a great Friday.

2 cups black beans
1 washed peeled and diced avocado
2 tbs chopped cilantro leaves (or to taste)
1 tsp lemon juice
1 tsp vinegar (apple cider)
1 tsp oil
1/4 tsp ground cumin
1/2 cup shredded cheese or "cheese"
1/2 diced onion (optional)
1 clove pressed garlic
salt, pepper, and hot sauce* to taste

Mix everything together in a big bowl and spoon into taco shells. Add extra taco fixins as desired. The hubster and I thought these were great plain. The filling tasted even better the next day.





*My personal belief is that you can never have too much hot sauce....unless it's in your eye. Then pretty much any amount is no good. Hot sauce haters may leave it out of this recipe if they so desire. :)

6 comments:

  1. Hey, I've got everything on the list so why not have this?
    Do you fix your own taco shells or do you buy them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grace, we usually make our own. You can buy them premade though. There is a brand we got once that was organic. They were blue corn taco shells, really really tasty! I want to say it was "Garden of Eatin'" brand or something of the sort.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just made something similar to this today but used it as a dip with homemade tortilla chips! Very NICE, will have to try on a taco or quesadilla!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My son love black beans and avocados, what a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Debbi, I'm glad you liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My son is a huge fan of black beans as well. When he sees them on his plate he actually squeals!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...